Global Law Firms Advising Private Equity Transactions
In tracking portfolio company acquisitions by private equity firms, we also get a view of which law firms are most active in PE deals. Although not necessarily in order, these are the main law firms we see advising private equity transactions in the second half of 2017:
- Kirkland & Ellis (www.kirkland.com) – Kirkland has one of the most active and highly regarded private equity practices.
- Ropes & Gray (www.ropesgray.com) – Ropes & Gray’s has more than 175 private equity lawyers advising large- and middle-market clients across multiple industries.
- Goodwin Procter (www.goodwinlaw.com) – represents early through late stage investors and companies, as well as lenders and financial institutions, covering the full life cycle of investments and financings – including leveraged buyouts, growth equity, add-on acquisitions, re-financings, dividend recaps and exits.
- Jones Day (www.jonesday.com) – Jones Day represents nearly 100 private equity funds, completing more than 1,000 private equity transactions since 2010.
- Latham & Watkins (www.lw.com) – Latham’s Private Equity Practice includes a dedicated team of banking, mezzanine finance, and capital markets lawyers who handle financing and securities matters exclusively for fund sponsors and their portfolio companies.
- Morgan Lewis & Bockius (www.morganlewis.com) – one of the leading middle-market private equity practices in the United States, with experience extending from the largest funds and transactions, through the middle market, to small funds and pledge fund deals.
- Winston & Strawn (www.winston.com) – Winston & Strawn’s private equity attorneys provide strategic advice and legal counsel to middle-market private equity funds, hedge funds, family offices, real estate funds, alternative asset managers, portfolio companies, and institutional investors.
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher (www.willkie.com) – Willkie Farr & Gallagher advises on cross-border multibillion dollar leveraged buyouts to early-stage venture capital financings, fund formation and regulatory compliance. Willkie represents private equity investors, issuers and financial advisers in all aspects of domestic and international private equity transactions.
- Paul Hastings (www.paulhastings.com) – Paul Hastings advises on fund formation, investment strategy, transactions and negotiations, fund management, exit, disposition and management compensation.
- White & Case (www.whitecase.com) – White & Case advises M&A clients on creative deal structures, auctions, acquisition & disposal programs, and strategies for acquirers, sellers or acquisition targets.