Private Equity Investments in Manufacturing Companies
Headlines about private equity investments tend to focus more on the glamorous deals and faster-paced industries, particularly technology. Because of this, one might erroneously conclude private equity has curtailed investments in manufacturing companies. While it is true that manufacturing now represents a lower percentage of all private equity acquisitions compared to historical standards, PE firms still actively invest in the manufacturing sector.
In the last 60 days, our M&A Research Database has recorded 52 new private equity platform investments in manufacturing companies (there are even more add-on acquisitions in this space), of which pharmaceutical manufacturing was the most represented manufacturing category:
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing (5 investments)
- Automotive-related manufacturing (4 investments)
- Contract manufacturers (4 investments)
- Aerospace manufacturing (2 investments)
- Lighting manufacturers (2 investments)