Private Equity Investments in Medical Device Companies
The PEI M&A Research Database shows 481 private equity platform transactions in medical device companies:
- 185 current investments, collectively owned by 127 unique private equity firms
- 296 prior (exited) investments.
Of the 185 current investments in medical device companies, the most active private equity firms for platform investments are:
- Seventure Partners (Paris, France) – 8 platform investments
- OrbiMed Advisors (New York, NY) – 5
- Ysios Capital (Barcelona, Spain) – 5
- 1315 Capital (Philadelphia, PA) – 4
- H.I.G. Capital (Miami, FL) – 4
IlluminOss Medical is a medical device company focused on designing, developing, and marketing orthopedic fracture repair and stabilization products.
Palex is Spain’s largest independent distributor of medical devices to public and private hospitals.
Tenacore offers maintenance and repair services for medical devices and hospital equipment.
Sonendo is a medical device company focused on the dental space.
Clarify Medical is a medical device company focused on developing innovative technology, products and services that improve care for people with chronic skin conditions.