Private Equity Investments in Apparel Companies
Private equity investments in apparel companies has declined in recent years, although this trend is not too dissimilar from PE investment trends overall.
The graph below shows private equity platform investments in Apparel companies over the past 5 years.
Top 10 Private Equity Firms Investing in Apparel Companies
|1. L Catterton (Greenwich, CT)|
2. IDG Capital (Beijing, China)
3. Sycamore Partners (New York, NY)
4. eEquity (Stockholm, Sweden)
5. BayBG (Munich, Germany)
6. Carlyle Group (Washington, DC)
7. Stern Partners (Vancouver, BC)
8. General Atlantic (Greenwich, CT)
9. Cambria Group (Dallas, TX)
10. KarpReilly (Greenwich, CT)
NOTE – IDG Capital invests globally (with current portfolio companies in Asia, U.S. and Europe), while eEquity only invests in Scandinavia, BayBG only in Germany, and Stern Partners almost exclusively in Canada.
Select Private Equity Investments in Apparel Businesses
March 2020 – Quad-C Management invested in Textum (Belmont, NC), an advanced textile engineering and manufacturing company focused on providing unique solutions for use in extreme environments across the aerospace and defense, industrial, energy and infrastructure industries.
Potential Add-on Acquisitions
Potential add-on acquisitions for these private equity-owned apparel companies include these product categories: apparel, clothing, shoes, fashion, footware, textiles, socks, costumes, casual wear, uniforms, outfits, dresses, garments, pants, shirts and formal wear.
Purchase the list of 881 PE-owned apparel portfolio companies.
The file includes:
- Portfolio Company - name, website, city, state, country, business profile
- Private Equity Firm - name, website, address, city, state, zip, country, phone