Private Equity Investments in Construction Companies
Traditionally, Construction has not been a preferred industry of interest for private equity firms, precisely because it is often capital intensive and cyclical.
However, the Private Equity Info Research Database currently tracks 393 unique portfolio companies in the Construction space, collectively owned by 321 unique private equity firms. Clearly, there is now PE appetite in the construction space.
Top PE Firms Investing in the Construction Industry
The following PE firms hold at least 3 current platform investments in construction companies.
- Heico Companies (Chicago, IL, US)
- DPE (Deutsche Private Equity) (Munich, Germany)
- Argonaut Private Equity (Tulsa, OK, US)
- Main Street Capital Corporation (Houston, TX, US)
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (New York, NY, US)
- Hahn & Company (Seoul, South Korea)
- BayBG (Munich, Germany)
- Raiffeisen Invest Private Equity (Linz, AT)
- Darby Overseas Investments (Washington, DC, US)
- One Equity Partners (New York, NY, US)
- AURELIUS Equity Opportunities SE & Co. KGaA (Munich, Germany)
- Volati (Stockholm, Sweden)
Select Private Equity Investments in Construction Businesses
Construction – Concrete
November 2021 – Monomoy Capital Partners invested in Cast-Crete (Seffner, FL, US), a manufacturer and distributor of precast concrete lintels and sills designed for single-family homes and used in block construction.
September 2021 – Argonaut Private Equity invested in FABco (Houston, TX, US), a provider of concrete construction materials and supplies including engineered steel rebar and associated construction products.